Trustee at British Nutrition Foundation
We’re looking for two new Trustees to further the objectives of the British Nutrition Foundation.
What are we looking for?
The British Nutrition Foundation is a registered charity. We work with experts across the nutrition and food community to provide impartial, evidence-based information, education and expertise, motivating people to adopt healthy, sustainable diets – for life.
Our advice and resources are used by diverse audiences, yet our organisation today does not yet reflect the breadth of people we serve. This needs to change. To help guide our new Strategy for 2023-28, we welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds who have specific expertise in at least one of the following:
Candidates should have expertise in at least one of the following:
- Strong commercial skills and background, ideally gained in food manufacturing business. Experience in a consumer facing SME would be valuable.
- Food retail, ideally gained in a leading UK supermarket, contract caterer or the out-of-home sector.
- Senior corporate communications / external affairs, with strong stakeholder relationships, insight and understanding. Experience of the devolved administrations – Scotland in particular – would be advantageous.
Term of appointment
The post is for an initial three-year term, with the option to extend for two further three-year terms.
What will you be doing?
Collectively, Trustees are responsible for:
- Setting and maintaining the Foundation’s vision, mission and values, and in particular approving the strategic plan.
- Ensuring the charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit.
- Acting in the charity’s best interests, making balanced and informed decisions.
- Managing the charity’s resources responsibly.
- Ensuring accountability within the charity and ensuring appropriate risk mitigation.
- Contributing creatively to the development of the British Nutrition Foundation, including fostering relationships with key stakeholders and from time to time, acting as an advocate and ambassador for the Foundation.
- Ensuring that the organisation complies with its Memorandum and Articles of Association, charity law, company law and any other relevant regulation.
How to apply
Please read the full Candidate Pack attached below and apply directly by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and supporting statement indicating how you meet the person specification and why you’d like to be considered.
Closing date for applications is Monday 12th September 2022.
Help us improve
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this page below.
If you have a more general query, please contact us.
Please note that advice provided on our website about nutrition and health is general in nature. We do not provide any personal advice on prevention, treatment and management for patients or their family members.